Sunday, January 23, 2011

"...a longing fulfilled..." Proverbs 13:12





A lot can change in 60 seconds...
                                     60 minutes...
                                         60 hours...
                                                  and...                                  most definitely in 60 days.


We were playing with Eva Monet on our bed this morning when I told David that I couldn't imagine life without her.   He agreed.

There is nothing quite like opening up her bedroom door and hearing the excitement coming from her crib as she realizes Momma or Bà  (Chinese - Daddy Daddy) is coming.  To catch the first glimpse of those eyes filled with giggles and smiles while arms 'flap' passionately to be picked up and held, is simply magical.  

But, of course, all the parents out there already know these things.  <sigh> So, thank you for indulging me, once again...   : )


It's been 60 days since officially meeting Eva.   A very significant moment for our family.  And since that time, David and I can see so many wonderful signs; day-by-day-by-day-by-day, moment-by-moment-by-moment-by-moment, we are being knit together.   We are so encouraged by her development in mobility and communication showing that she is attaching to us and feeling safe in her environment.   Eva is so much fun and we feel absolutely blessed by what God has done with our family.

For those who have struggled to have children and/or have considered adoption, I hope this is an encouragement to you.  I realize, It's not an easy road.  There are many bumps, definitely some pot holes, dead ends, detours, and even exits that can be taken.  Though the road for us has been very, very long, I am so glad that we did not deviate from what we set out to do.  The journey looked different from what I originally plotted on my map, but never-the-less, it's been a trip worth taking.  Along the way, I've learned a lot about myself, just how special of a man I married, and how faithful God really is.  And now, neither one of us can imagine having any other child at this moment in time, but little Miss Eva Monet Jiawan Baltes.   And while we still have much to learn, we will never be the same again.   

Thank God.



Designed by Erin Rodriguez




Last week David and I received a very special gift in celebration of our adoption.  One of my dearest friends, Erin Rodriguez, gave us one of her own custom designs.  Beautifully handcrafted, this picture captures the heart of our adoption journey and will be hung in Eva Monet's room with beautiful ribbon that  came with the gift.  I am still working to complete Eva's room, but plan to post photos at a later date.  In the meantime, here is Erin's website for anyone who would be interested in learning more about her work and what she might be able to do for you.  Many of you already know she is a graphic designer and gifted illustrator:                                  


I have worked with Erin on numerous projects and am always amazed at her talent and creativity.  Check out her site and enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful gift from Erin. She is so talented and we will miss her and Vino when they move this weekend! Sniff sniff. I just love reading your blog. You're such an amazing writer, along with your many other talents! Hope you come back for a visit sometime so we can meet Eva!

    ReplyDelete